What I’m about to write may seem very political and very United States-centric. But the lesson it contains is universal, and has nothing to do with either. See if you can discern the prosperity lesson for you, no matter what country you live in…
The U.S. foreign policy is in shambles right now.
- We unilaterally broke the treaty we had with Iran, so they are now enriching more uranium and becoming closer to a nuclear power. And even our allies no longer trust us.
- North Korean was ostracized as a world pariah and the sanctions against them were crippling their economy. But we elevated dictator Kim Jong-un with summits with the U.S. president. This opened up new trade and options from China and other countries looking for advantages. And NK launched two more missile tests yesterday.
- The U.K., one of our most-trusted and valued allies is going through a meltdown right now.
- The trade war with China has angered our allies, roiled the financial markets, and is costing Americans billions of dollars in additional costs. President Trump’s comments about Hong Kong have sent the message that human rights are no longer important to us.
- Likewise our willingness to shrug off Saudi Arabia chopping up an American journalist with a bone saw conveys the same message.
- We’re fighting wars in at least seven countries at the moment.
- Russia was expelled from the G8 because they annexed Crimea and Trump infuriated the other members at the recent summit because he was publicly lobbying to re-admit Putin.
So basically our Foreign Policy is deteriorating daily, we are edging further into conflicts, and closer to a nuclear incident. It would have to improve by a thousand percent just to be upgraded to a dumpster fire. And what are the policy experts, politicians, and concerned Americans talking about around the water cooler?
The tweet war between the president and his former National Security Advisor.
Of course that discussion is only happening among educated, sophisticated people concerned with world peace...
What are most other people talking about today? The latest episode in the soap opera saga of the football player who orchestrated a social media campaign to get released and sign with another team.
So what do you think the lesson is?
Realise that this is not what the lesson is, however as a citizen (and resident) of the UK, I wonder what is being reported overseas, as I'm not aware that we are in "meltdown".
At least part of the lesson is where your focus/attention goes, so your life "grows". Either grows in a positive way, or in some other way.
hm, signal and noise, perception and reality. private industry and entrepreneurship seems to be a more worthwhile path to make a difference...after I figure my own life out
I would say that there is, at least three lessons here: spiritually we must focus on what brings us together and not what separates us; on a personal development lesson I can make a difference if I choose to stand in a place of abundance and prosperity, not fear and scarcity and, third, have a better understanding and reading on what's going on and not be pulled in by news, propaganda and fear.
What you give your attention and energy to becomes your reality
You guys elected him to the no 1 spot in the world.. he said all these moronic things he was going to do in the campaign.. and now he's tried to do them.. make all these great deals, make America great again, build a wall.. etc.. hasn't come close to doing it.. just pissed a whole bunch of people off.. they 're just waiting for him to be gone and talk to a sane person again..
I tried but couldn't glean what the lesson is. Please would you mind sharing RG?
Sad to say, but looks like you just forgot what the socialists and democrats did before Trump. The endless lies, the endless wars and killing. The massacres of the children with drones. The supported regimes, the recessions with restrained recovery and so on. You may also aware of the fact that a commie outpost is escalating right now in Venezuela, next to your beloved nation, and one of the causers is the Chinese commie shitfuckers. You might also seen pictures about Chinese people begging Trump for help. I am not a Trump guy by any means, for me, every politician are a commie, since they advocating central-control, but you just blinded by bias.