It seems everyone wants more social media reach and clout. But getting your posts read and shared isn’t that difficult. In fact, it’s almost embarrassingly easy.
You can be a social media superstar almost immediately. Simply put up posts that:
• Ask people what animal they are and why;
• Beg people to cut and paste your pandering notice to see who your real friends are;
• Frighten them with hoax notices advising Facebook as of midnight of a certain date, they are no longer authorized to share your posts;
• Show snarky GIFs of public figures to embarrass them when they make a mistake or fail at something; and,
• Ask people to join a prayer vigil for your sister-in-law’s dog sitter’s neighbor who is getting her tonsils out tomorrow.
Of course if you want to be an actual influencer, agent of change, and post things that actually make a difference, that’s pretty straightforward as well.
Simply create posts that:
• Teach something;
• Make people think;
• Highlight a cause;
• Inspire people; and
• Challenge them to become better.
So which kind of social media superstar do you want to be?