I posted a link on my Tumblr blog the other day that got a huge response. It was an article from ResumeBear.com about people who got fired – and then went on to become very wealthy. Very wealthy.
Take a look at this list – and see how many you can guess.
1) Got fired from a computer store.
2) The manager of the Grand Ole Opry told this man he was better off driving a truck.
3) She was fired from Dunkin’ Donuts.
4) He was laid on from an investment banking company.
5) A newspaper editor told this cartoonist he wasn’t creative enough.
6) This secretary got a pink slip for daydreaming too much about story ideas.
7) This actor was fired from a small bit role on the sitcom Benson.
8) The New Yorker fired this copy boy.
9) This person was fired as president of FORD motor company.
10) This guy was fired from Western Union because he spilled acid on the floor.
11) This Baltimore news anchor was removed from her job because her boss said she was, “unfit for television news.”
So who were these people? Survey says…
1) Mark Cuban, billionaire owner of the Dallas Mavericks.
2) Some guy named Elvis.
3) Some singer named Madonna.
4) Mayor Michael Bloomberg, now the 18th richest man in America.
5) Walt Disney.
6) JK Rowling
7) Jerry Seinfeld
8) Truman Capote
9) Lee Iacocca, who went on to rescue Chrysler
10) Thomas Edison
So…is there a lesson here for you?