Message from RG: I’m lounging under a palm tree on a much-needed vacation for a few weeks. So to fill your insatiable need for brilliant and helpful self-development info each morning, I’ve asked some of my clever friends to sit in for me during my absence. Today’s guest blogger is Terry Brock:
Prosperity is your natural birthright. We’ve heard that truism from Randy Gage many times and we often give tacit approval. But, what does that mean in manifesting abundance in your life? Can you just think about it and make it happen? Do you just grit your teeth, clinch your fists together with closed eyes saying some mantra to make it happen?
Well, that doesn’t work on this planet.
However, there are some specific steps you can take which can help you achieve the abundance and prosperity that is waiting for you every day. Here are some steps I’ve found that turn wishes into reality:
1) Learn Fast. As Randy tells us in, Risky is the New Safe, the world is changing fast and those who exercise critical thinking to solve problems get ahead. Develop the ability to read fast, memorize fast and retain important, market-valuable skills. Your ability to gain new insights quickly will be one of the best skills you can have now and into the future.
2) Connect with People. We often say in technology, “None of us is as smart as all of us.” Your ability to connect with others and be known as the “Go To Guy/Gal” will pay off in profound ways. How to do it? Serve others and help them with their problems first. Listen to them more than you talk about you.
3) Unlearn. Hey, if learning is so important, what do you mean by “Unlearn,” Terry? Well, you have to eliminate those thoughts that hurt you or are not valid anymore. What worked before, might not necessarily work today. Be willing to let go of old ideas that don’t work. Also, as Randy has told us many times, we have to even let go of relationships that are toxic and hold us back. Learn to unlearn to manifest prosperity.
4) Develop Remarkable Resiliency. In your journey of prosperity, you are inevitably going to have some setbacks. You will fall down occasionally. Hey, that’s how it works on this planet! But falling down should be seen as a condition to help you get back up. Correct what you did, learn from setbacks and resolve to go at it again. My buddy Willie Jolley says, “A setback is just a set up for a comeback.” Take advantage of challenges to become more of the ideal person you want to be.
5) Stay Curious. Have you noticed that those who pretend to know all the answers are the same people less likely to be prosperous? Today’s world is changing fast and conditions are moving fast, so the curious and inquisitive have an advantage. They’ve learned a critical step in learning --- constantly being open to new ideas that work.
Prosperity and abundance are yours. Put these steps into action in your life and you will generate the quality of life you deserve. Besides that, you’ll have a lot more fun too!
Terry Brock, MBA, CSP, CPAE is a marketing coach, professional speaker and author. He helps organizations and individuals implement new tools like Social Media and portable technologies to build strong business relationships that produce positive change. You can find him at www.TerryBrock.com