Habits of Success
by Randy Gage
There may be nothing more important to your success than your daily habits. Only humans have the discernment to fix our habits. But that takes a choice…
And one bad habit can quickly negate a dozen good ones! Most people think they create their future. But that’s only true to a point. In actuality, you don’t create your future.
You create your daily habits and they create your future.
So what are the most important success habits you practice every day?
- I wake up early.
- I have a mastermind group of 6-7 people whose books and blogs I read.
- I always go out with one of their books with me and I use every chance to open and read, even while walking. People sometimes laugh at me...
- I watch only only selected TV channels, like Fine Living Network, National Geographic, etc.
- I pray and use affirmations.
- I set small and achievable daily goals. I like to follow the rule that an elephant is eaten in small bites.
I connect with my creator with my wife and kids before i they go to school and before i start my network marketing business.
1. No TV, no radio, only business news;
2. Read at least 15 mins from a good book before bed;
3. Have at least 15 mins quiet 'me' time so that I can think (or just 'be'), usually much longer (1-2 hours);
4. Drink mostly filtered water all day, (2 cups of tea permitted, no coffee);
5. Eat healthy meals with fresh ingredients - no processed food, frozen or microwaved food;
6. Limit time with boring co-workers that have nothing positive to contribute to my life and limit time with family when they're in a negative space.
1. Go to the gym 3 x week and push myself hard;
2. Go dancing 2 x week, improve my craft and have fun while exercising;
3. Write goals for the coming week for my investing, take action on accomplishing them and report back to my coach;
4. Attend uni and study an additional 6+ hours every week.
I'm a network marketing professional, and here is my Daily Method of Operation:
1) 45 min of excercise
2) 45 min of personal development
3) Visualize goals
4) Consume my company's product
5) Meeting a new person
6) Making an invitation
7) Share the product / Show the Plan
9) Contact a friend/acquaintance
10) Fill out expense report
11) Fill out KPI report
Getting up earlier than months before to meet my challenges quicker and see where I got stuck (in which habit) and then work on turning that around -
enjoy the weekend!
I do sports almost every evening. Before I go to bed I reflect my day and the things I´ve done today then meditate a few minutes to calm my self down before I go to sleep.
The rest of the day I try to allways think positive...
I get up at 5:30 everyday to start working. Before I turn the computer on though, I do fingertip pushups, a plank, and squats.
I also drink a glass of water before my coffee to re-hydrate my body.
And while the computer is booting up... I write out my prosperity affirmation.
Two habits for me.
Exercise in the morning gets my energy and engine started.
Plan the to-do list for the next day during the night. It helps to get my new day straight to action without wasting too much time.
Yesterday, my friend was surprised to find me at home which is not usual. I said, yes Silvia, I am under discipline to develop good habits to propel me to my goal.
So, now am doing the ground work by contacting companies, schools to make appointments to see the person in charge to arrange to conduct certain workshops, whatever.
Actually, I have a scheduled Holy Spirit meeting but have to sit at home to make the needed contacts. Instead, will be attending this evening the kickoff of celebration of 'Feast of Taberbnacles'. I have invited a new prospect to a Korean cooking demonstration of Kimchi and Bulgogi organised by Cathedral Women's Fellowship.
During office hours, I like to sit at home, enjoying my bible, personal development books, cds and my own company not forgetting making telephonic contacts. Actually, I have been following your blogs, teachings etc and
I need to see some results in my life. Thanks vm
Great point! I probably need a few more, but for now my biggest one is writing in a gratitude journal every night before I go to sleep - No Matter what! I found that to be very very powerful in shifting everything in my world! ;)
Start off the day with "Me" time: meditation, affirmations, exercise. Daily professional activities mean prospecting, inviting, follow-ups and either enrolling new team members or monetizing the "No's" into customers. End the day with some good reading in the area of personal or professional development.
The most important success habits in my day begins with my morning meditation, visualize how my day will be, getting rid of the clutter and negative thoughts, setting my goals, and then a shower and a cup of coffee...........